Platelet Drug Monitoring Aggregation
EPIC: LAB5199, SOFT: PLTDM
- Inpatient (Royal Oak Only): Specimens should not be collected before 7:00 am and must be received before 12:00 pm, Monday-Friday only. This test is not available to inpatients at the Grosse Pointe and Troy Hospitals.
- Outreach, Grosse Pointe Beaumont, and Troy Beaumont specimens cannot be accepted. The patient must have a Royal Oak outpatient visit created and have their blood drawn at Royal Oak at the Rose Cancer Center.
- Outpatients, Grosse Pointe patients, Troy patients, and Outreach patients must schedule appointments through the appointment center, 248-577-9700.
- Do not eat, drink (except water), smoke, or exercise the morning of your appointment. Do not drink alcohol the day before or the day of your appointment.
- If you are taking aspirin, clopidogrel (Plavix), or ticlopidine (Ticlid) you must contact your physician. Your physician may require that you discontinue these medications 14 days prior to your appointment. However, if your physician is testing your blood to determine if the medications are working, he/she may want you to continue taking them.
- Continue taking all other prescribed medications as normal.
- Please bring a list of all the medications that you have taken within the last seven days including herbals, over-the-counter medications, and prescription medications.
- You must bring your physician's written order with you to your appointment. Without it, we may be forced to reschedule your exam.
Specimen Collection Criteria
Collect: Six Light Blue-top Becton-Dickinson 3.2% Sodium Citrate tubes.
- ALL TUBES MUST BE FULL.
- Tubes must be HAND-DELIVERED to the Coagulation Laboratory immediately. Do NOT send through the pneumatic tube system.
- For Outpatient specimens, a copy of the requisition with a sign, symptom, or diagnosis must be faxed to the Hematology Laboratory at 248-551-5372.
- Specimens sent through the pneumatic tube system.
- Glass tubes and 3.8% Sodium Citrate tubes.
- Specimens that are clotted or grossly hemolyzed.
- Inappropriate specimen volumes.
- Testing must be completed within 4 hours from the time of collection.
- The Laboratory will cancel if unable to obtain platelet rich plasma with adequate platelet count.
Specimen Stability for Testing:
Room Temperature (20-26°C or 68-78.8°F): 3 hours
Refrigerated (2-8°C or 36-46°F): Unacceptable
Frozen (-20°C/-4°F or below): Unacceptable
Specimen Storage in Department Prior to Disposal:
Room Temperature (20-26°C or 68-78.8°F): 1 day
Royal Oak Coagulation Laboratory
Inpatients (Royal Oak Only): Monday – Friday*, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm.
Outpatients: Performed by scheduled appointment only, Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm.
Results available within 2 business days.
*NOTE: This test will not be performed on holidays.
ADP 10 mcM Max: 65-100%.
ADP 5 mcM Max: 60-100%.
Arachidonic Acid 500 ug/mL: 60-100%.
Aggregation, Optical PRP.
An interpretive Pathologist's report is included with results.
The platelet aggregation monitoring aggregation test is designed to detect inhibition of ADP aggregation by phienopyrimidines (clopidogrel) and/or Arachodonic acid inhibition by aspirin/NSAID.
85576 per agonist (x3).
Coagulation Laboratory – RO
Microtainer® and Vacutainer® are registered trademarks of Becton, Dickinson and Company.
UroVysion® is a registered trademark of Abbott Laboratories. ThinPrep® is a registered trademark of Hologic, Incorporated.
This directory currently reflects information only for specimens collected and/or processed at the
Farmington Hills, Grosse Pointe, Royal Oak, and Troy campuses.