Coenzyme Q10, Total, ARUP #81119, EPIC: LAB5983, SOFT: XCOQ
- It is recommended the patient fast overnight prior to specimen collection, however the patient may have water during this time.
- It is not necessary to discontinue nutritional supplements prior to this test.
Specimen Collection Criteria
Collect (preferred specimen): One Dark Green-top Lithium or Sodium Heparin tube.
Also acceptable: One Gold-top SST or plain Red-top tube.
- Protect specimen from light.
- Send specimen for processing immediately after collection.
- Separate samples must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
Physician Office/Drawsite Specimen Preparation
Protect specimen from light. Centrifuge to separate serum or plasma from cells within one hour of collection. Transfer serum or plasma to an amber plastic transport tube and freeze (-20°C/-4°F or below).
Preparation for Courier Transport
Transport: 1.0 mL light-protected serum or plasma, frozen (-20°C/-4°F or below). (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Hemolyzed specimens.
- Specimens not collected and processed as indicated.
Specimen Stability for Testing:
Room Temperature (20-26°C or 68-78.8°F): Unacceptable
Refrigerated (2-8°C or 36-46°F): 3 weeks
Frozen (-20°C/-4°F or below): 1 month
Specimen Storage in Department Prior to Disposal:
Specimen retention time is determined by the policy of the reference laboratory. Contact the Sendout Laboratory with any questions.
Sent to ARUP Laboratories, Salt Lake City, UT.
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.
Results available in 2-6 days.
Quantitative High Performance Liquid Chromatography.
ARUP #81119, EPIC: LAB5983, SOFT: XCOQ
Microtainer® and Vacutainer® are registered trademarks of Becton, Dickinson and Company.
UroVysion® is a registered trademark of Abbott Laboratories. ThinPrep® is a registered trademark of Hologic, Incorporated.
This directory currently reflects information only for specimens collected and/or processed at the Farmington Hills,
Grosse Pointe, Royal Oak, and Troy campuses.