24th Annual Symposium on Molecular Pathology
JOIN US Wednesday/Thursday, September 16-17, 2015
We are pleased to present the Beaumont Health System 24th Annual Molecular Pathology Symposium on Clinical Applications of Genomic Medicine. This year’s symposium will again be held at the beautiful Somerset Inn in Troy, Michigan, immediately adjacent to the Somerset Mall.
Highlights of this year’s meeting include:
- Wednesday morning: Association for Molecular Pathology (AMP) Education Series with presentations on Next Generation Sequencing, Clinical Use of Whole Genome Analysis and FDA Regulation of Laboratory Developed Tests.
- Wednesday afternoon: Hot Topics session with keynote address on the Microbiome: A New Lens for Disease presented by Matthew Redinbo, Ph.D. from the University of North Carolina School of Medicine and presentations on Implementation and Outcomes of an Individualized Medicine Clinic and Cancer Epigenetics.
- Thursday morning: Molecular Hematology/Oncology session will focus on the genomics of lung cancer, glial tumors, and lymphoma.
- Thursday afternoon: Microbiology session with presentations on molecular and microbiome solutions for solving clinical microbiology questions.
Visit the Program page to see specific details about presentation topics and speakers.
The symposium provides significant opportunities for professional education, networking, and resource building for registrants. You should strongly consider attending if you are involved in molecular diagnostics or are interested in learning about this fast-paced specialty of clinical laboratory science. We are pleased to bring you these excellent educational opportunities at modest registration fees, thanks to our commercial exhibitors.
In addition, AMP has provided a stipend to offset registration costs for visiting technologists. The first 10 qualified applicants will be awarded a scholarship.
Go to the Scholarship Application to download the form and submit your application. (The first ten qualified applicants will be awarded a scholarship).
AMP has also provided a one-year membership to a trainee and a technologist who attends the meeting. These memberships will be raffled off at the end of the symposium; you need not be present to win.
- A one-year membership to a trainee and a technologist who attends the meeting. These memberships will be raffled off at the end of the symposium.
Lunch will be provided with each day’s registration fee. In addition, there will be a wine and cheese reception at the close of Tuesday's session. An exhibit area will be open where you can learn of new products and services that are available to enhance laboratory operations from molecular-specific vendors.